Round Rock New Neighbors is a social organization of women welcoming women in the Round Rock area since 1978. Both "new" and "old" neighbors are welcome. For more information: rrnewneighbors.org [Barnes & Noble requires that RRNN's book club be open to the public, so you do not need to be an RRNN member to attend book club, and both men and women are welcome and do attend. ]
EEA-based end users: There are no ads on this site. Us it at your own discretion.

LOCAL LITERARY EVENT:

Friday, January 16, 2009

Finally figured it all out -Phyl

I'm totally new to blogs and it has taken me awhile to figure it out. I had almost finished "Travels with Charlie" when we met at Christmas. I better review it before Monday. Just before I read it I had finished "Blue Highways", the two are similar but different, both traveling stories but quite different and enjoyable. I rec'd two books for Christmas by P.D. James, "A Taste for Death" and "The Private Patient". P.D. James had been recommended to me by a very avid reader and my kids gave me these two for Christmas. I have now finished them both and liked them a lot, especially the latter. They are mysteries set in England near and around London. I am about half finished with "Forgive Me" and enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on Monday.

No comments: