Round Rock New Neighbors is a social organization of women welcoming women in the Round Rock area since 1978. Both "new" and "old" neighbors are welcome. For more information: rrnewneighbors.org [Barnes & Noble requires that RRNN's book club be open to the public, so you do not need to be an RRNN member to attend book club, and both men and women are welcome and do attend. ]
The Friends of the Georgetown Public Library’s Hill Country Authors Series events will be listed here.
Round Rock Public Library Book Group meets monthly at 7:00-8:30 PM. Check the library website for more information, or ask Carla.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Books Selected, 2008
- Confederacy of Dunces ==John Kennedy Toole
- Atonement ==Ian McEwan
- The Virginian ==Owen Wister
- American Shaolin ==Matthew Polly
- Giant ==Edna Ferber
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close ==Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Thirteenth Tale ==Diane Setterfield
- Julie & Julia ==Julie Powell
- Evacuation Plan: A Novel from the Hospice ==Joe M. O’Connell
- Ahab’s Wife: Or the Star Gazer ==Sena Jeter Naslund
- My Name is Red ==Orhan Pamuk